CST704 vs Entrada

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
How do these compare? I have an older Toto bought around 2001 Not sure if it is the CST703 or not. Tank housing is square with handle on left front as you face toilet. Doesn't have a hole to break up solids just the hole that everything flushes down. Splashes the seat every flush and have never been happy with it. Don't want to get more of the same. I also hate to spend in the mid four hundreds for a Drake II if it leaves residue on the bowl so I was considering the Entrada. Thoughts? Anything else I should be considering?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may have had the TOTO Washdown CST703 version. I never liked those. They did splash. They sold for around $100

The TOTO Entrada is a siphon jet with 3" flush valve in the tank. It would be a big improvement over what you have. These tend to be in $200 for round and $220 for elongated range. I've been selling a lot of these lately.

Reaction score
I verified today that it was a CST704. Not completely sure if I had to buy the tank seperate from the toilet or not.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The elongated 704 bowl and the round 703 bowl use the same tank.
You will notice a big change stepping up to the CST244EF or the CST744 series.
The toilet is normally ordered as a tank and bowl combination. The seat is ordered as a seperate item.

Edwardh1

Reaction score
in my city there is a big price difference btw the entrada and the drake- what causes the price difference?
seems both are a Porcelain casting with similar internals?

Reaction score
That is what I am wondering. They both have E-Max flushing system but the Eco Drake on the Toto website says commercial grade high performance toilet and the Entrada does not say that. What does that mean?

Also says the Drake has an option available for the CEFIONTECT glaze. Other than that, I don't see anything different unless the bowl designs are different. No flushing videos for the Entrada that I am aware of.

Not that it would mean anything but I believe the Entrada might have a higher MaP rating than the Drake. I compared the Eco Drake because of the same water use.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Entrada bowl is pretty similar to the Drake bowl.
The Entrada only comes in Cotton White, and no option for Sanigloss.
It's what I call an entry level product.

What you had before I wouldn't sell.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
in my city there is a big price difference btw the entrada and the drake- what causes the price difference?
seems both are a Porcelain casting with similar internals?

The street price diff between the entrada and the cst744e eco drake is $40-ish. With the new tank option cst744en, it's somewhat more. Be sure you're comparing apples to apples. Sometimes, Toto comes out with a new product and positions it in a certain spot for marketing purposes, but doesn't adjust the price of the other toilets. For example, the Ultramax II has CEFIONTECT, Universal Height, and the Dual Cyclone, but it was priced less than the original Ultramax if you got the original Ultramax version that had ADA Height and CEFIONTECT. Cost of production is just one factor in wholesale price, and in plumbing supplies, there is a widely-varying markup by distributors and suppliers for the same product. There is also the need to defray research and engineering cost by the manufacturer, which in the case of the 1G products, for example, was likely substantial. So the "cost" to th manufacturer, and the "price" set at varying levels of the supply chain, are influenced by a lot more than just the amount of porcelain involved.

As Terry points out, Toto has positioned the Entrada as an entry-level Toto (hence the name, which means "entrance" in Spanish), but has designed one heck of a good product at that price point. Which is why he is selling a ton of them.

I'm thinking that if the Drake didn't have such a significant installed base and strong following, it might be on the chopping block.

As to the "commercial grade flush" statement with regard to one and not the other on the Toto web site, it's marketing fluff, consistent with how the Entrada is being positioned price-wise.

Last edited:

Edwardh1

Reaction score
I think the local plumbing supply store said the entrada was white only and one height only. at under $200. Cant remember what the drake was, maybe in the low $300? Price with out seats I think.
I think their whole lineup is confusing.

Reaction score
I called Toto after my last reply and she was no help. She said she would not base a decision on CEFIONTECT which I wasn't going to anyway. She said the Entrada could be used commercially too. I can understand why you would not sell the CST704. I hate it. Funny thing is at the time there were good reviews about it because I did research first. Maybe at the time it was good compared to the competitions similar level toilet. I remember there was an updated version at the time and I went with this because of the available reviews. I am not trying to cheap out but I also don't want to overspend when I don't need to. As already stated any of them will be a big upgrade over what I have.

cst704L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I think the local plumbing supply store said the entrada was white only and one height only. at under $200. Cant remember what the drake was, maybe in the low $300? Price with out seats I think.
I think their whole lineup is confusing.

My rule is you have to open the yellow pages and call five plumbing supply places once you are ready to buy, regardless of whether they say they sell Toto (because most can get it from their distributors). You give them the model number you want and say you are ready to buy today if the price is fair. The prices will vary widely. The ass---- quotient of the people at the place will vary widely. Some will be downright rude. Some will be nice. Some will have awful, stupidly-high prices. Some will have a great price. At least one of the five will be a person you can tolerate, and a good price. Some number of the other four will make you want to throw the phone across the room. It is this way everywhere in the country, for some reason.

I can get the Entrada for less than $200, and the Drake CST744E for $220 or less. As I say, the distance between the two is somewhere around $40. Sometimes, there have been specials on Drakes that put them right around $200, but those were a year or more ago. The Drake II (CST454CEFG) is in the $300s. Maybe the plumbing supply place was confused, and why names aren't the way to communicate with them; model numbers are.

In my view the Toto lineup is logical, but there are a lot of options. The significance of those options and the prices involved can seem confusing at first. That's why we are here to help make recommendations.

Reaction score
The prices I wrote down are as follows. CST454CEFG (White Drake II) $426
CST744SL $305. Same place the Entrada in white enlongated version is $208. The other place was pretty much the same except for the Entrada which was $240. Those two companies own stores in several different towns. I tried 3 other different companies and they sold either American Standard or Kohler with a couple Mansfield and some name I had never heard of mixed in.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The prices I wrote down are as follows. CST454CEFG (White Drake II) $426
CST744SL $305. Same place the Entrada in white enlongated version is $208. The other place was pretty much the same except for the Entrada which was $240. Those two companies own stores in several different towns. I tried 3 other different companies and they sold either American Standard or Kohler with a couple Mansfield and some name I had never heard of mixed in.

Home Depot has weirdly-variable prices on Toto. They will sell you that CST744 (but the "EL" not the "SL") at a price you would find favorable to what you have quoted. Same for the CST454CEFG (but the CUFG, the 1G, is priced stupidly-high there).

The round Entrada has a good price at HD; the round is priced stupidly-high. Makes no sense, but there it is.

You have to special order it with them, but they are happy to do it. Just don't let them sell you an AS, Kohler or Glacier Bay in the process. Just remember -- the Orange Aprons are not your friends, and don't have the wisdom we have here. ("Oh yeah, this Champion is MUCH BETTER than Toto!!" Ugh.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks