Crystal Clean iron remover

Users who are viewing this thread

Skyjumper

Reaction score
I fear I may get flamed for this, but has anyone used this product? https://www.crystalclean.us/

I can find no information on what's in it. since my iron filter is no longer working I am thinking of trying this while I consider options to repair or replace the Fe filter. I've tried super iron out it doens't seem to do anything and I think it causes my water to smell like sulfur. i've not tried rescare or the other cleaners but from what I gather they are no more effective than sio.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Use food grade citric acid.

This is probably methylphosphonic acid. Nothing exciting or new, I have used similar acids for years. Citric acid tends to work very well, is reasonably priced and tastes great. :)

Skyjumper

Reaction score
thanks for the tip. where do you get your citric acid? seems like about $4/lb . reading through some threads it looks like 2lb per cleaning is the typical dosage. assuming monthly cleaning that's 8 bucks a month. that seems kinda pricey, unless my assumptions are off. or perhaps my expectations are?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks