Crooked slip joint.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Steveg91

Reaction score
Hi all, I just installed a waste & overflow on a bathtub, the trap is at a slight angle, so the slip joint is at a slight angle. No water is leaking, I know it may be hard to give a definitive answer without seeing it, but in general what is the rule of thumb as to how even the slip joint has to be? I know ideally it should be at 90 degrees to the pipe, but in the real world what is acceptable?

The trap is brass connected to 1.5" copper pipe, it is at an angle because what it is connected to is at an angle etc., etc, etc, and would require much work to straighten out the trap and so of course I don't want to do a bunch of work that isn't necessary.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steveg91

Reaction score
Thanks Mike, The connections are accessed through the crawl space under the house. Access to crawl space is apout 8 feet from connections so checking for leak is not too difficult.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks