crimpers

Users who are viewing this thread

reddog2002

Reaction score
Is the crimping plies that home depot sells any good? I forget the brand but it comes with diffrent heads to do 3/8 up to 1". Who makes a good one thats not to pricey?
Thanks Stacey

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Goto a real plumbing supply house and ask what brand they carry. I would trust just about any other brand. The one HD has is rather high in price and would go with one that has a pinch ring. The price would be around $50 or so.

reddog2002

Reaction score
I think the one at HD is a watts or similer to a watts for 144.oo The pluming store wants 260.00 And it will do 1/2, 3/4 pipe not sure what brand it is. I left when they told me the price. The cheapest crimpers that I have seen are 89.00 for doing just one size.
Whats a pinch ring?
Stacey

Last edited:

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Sorry I used the wrong term. It is a PEX Stainless Clamp Pincher Ratchet Tool. The one I have cost $50.00. It will do 3/8"-1"

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The HDs with tool rental in the store will rent the crimpers for $15.00/day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks