Crane Dial-Eze Tub shower fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

Bommar2

Reaction score
I’m redoing a shower and my wife wants upgraded faucet and knobs. The faucet is just screw on so that’s not a problem but I’m having a hard time figuring out the knobs. Picture is attached - are there fixtures that can just replace the hot/cold where they are screwed on or would I need to cut out the whole valve assembly and replace it?

Attachments

• 16139E3A-7269-44C5-8EDF-227E9234833E.jpeg
    16139E3A-7269-44C5-8EDF-227E9234833E.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 248

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you see that thing on the end held on with one or two Allen screws? That is part of an aftermarket knob set. If you buy new knobs with that same adapter, you could put the new knobs onto the adapter. If the old knobs were OK when new, that will probably be an easy inexpensive way to go. If you are looking for another knob set, you might be removing those. Is there a brand emblem on your valve assembly?

For the new spout with diverter, the Delta pull-down spouts are nice in that they dribble a lot less than most.

Delta Faucet RP17454 Tub Spout Pull-Down Diverter, Chrome
(RP17453 is same but plastic) RP5836 similar but adapter has set screw.

There are more expensive Delta choices that have the pull-up to engage type, which is less likely to confuse visitors. See this popular thread. https://terrylove.com/forums/index....d-cant-figure-out-how-to-turn-on-shower.7595/

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
This is the perfect time to replace the old valve with a pressure balanced single control. Something that will have available parts for years to come.
What you have is no longer code approved. And getting harder and harder to find parts for.

Bommar2

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It sounds like replacing the valve and getting a newer product would be the smart thing to do even though it may be a little more expensive. There was a little mold in the cement board under the knobs so I imagine there was some sort of leak. If anyone has recommendations on a good quality valve/fixture, I would appreciate it. I usually go with Kohler but wouldnt mind saving a bit of money here as its an unexpected expense.

Bommar2

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Went with the delta valve and have the new trim on the way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 256

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Delta makes a good valve. I keep the tub spout at least 4-1/4" above the tub.
Using a brass nipple for the tub spout on the Delta keeps you from having that little burst of rust in the morning that galvanized gives you.

Bommar2

Reaction score
Delta makes a good valve. I keep the tub spout at least 4-1/4" above the tub.
Using a brass nipple for the tub spout on the Delta keeps you from having that little burst of rust in the morning that galvanized gives you.

Thanks. I just matched the old height of the tub spout. Should I move it up to 4-1/4”? I guess it would be worth 5 minutes and a new fitting to get it at the proper height.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks. I just matched the old height of the tub spout. Should I move it up to 4-1/4”? I guess it would be worth 5 minutes and a new fitting to get it at the proper height.

Now would be the time. Some of the new spouts are a bit larger where it meets the tile. And you want at least a one inch gap between the spout and the top of the tub.

delta_tub_spout_a2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks