Cracked toilet supply tube connector

Users who are viewing this thread

speeder

Reaction score
Had a cracked toilet supply tube connector. The plastic end that connects to the bottom of the toilet tank. The toilet was installed about 7 years ago with a new tube.

It's caused a lot of water damage. My question is regarding replacing these with something that will not ever break. My search at the supply store only finds plastic ends. Are these available in brass? Also, the toilet fill mechanism is also plastic. Are there good ones with a brass connection?

Any suggestions is appreciated.

626ed23f-5507-43ae-aa5c-99a8cbb99719.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The new plastic ends are larger.
I had a few of the early ones crack too. When we do our installs, we replace anything old and go with new.

Was that an old Fluidmaster?

toilet-supply-broken.jpg

Last edited:

speeder

Reaction score
The new plastic ends are larger.
I had a few of the early ones crack too. When we do our installs, we replace anything old and go with new.

Was that an old Fluidmaster?

not a fluidmaster. is this an item that should be replaced every XX years? what is a good brand that shouldn't have any problems?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Lasco sells some that have nice-looking metal heads and high quality, but you're talking around $9 instead of around $4. I haven't had any problems with the plastic heads myself, but it looks like Terry has seen some broken early-model ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks