Cracked toilet bowl leaks water. Two-Piece Toilet,1.28-GPF

Users who are viewing this thread

DEB SKAGG

Reaction score
Hello,
I installed my new drake.... only problem is that the water level is very low and smell sewer!
Would you know what I have done wrong?

Reach4

Reaction score
You could have the refill hose not going to the right place. I suggest you post a photo of the inside of your toilet tank that includes the tops of the flush valve, overflow, and fill valve.

DEB SKAGG

Reaction score
Hello,
I installed my new drake.... only problem is that the water level is very low and smell sewer!
Would you know what I have done wrong?

Attachments

• 9157F361-A243-41C8-B84C-B528AF4F0536.jpeg
    9157F361-A243-41C8-B84C-B528AF4F0536.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 265

Reach4

Reaction score
Does all of the water coming out of the black tubing go into the overflow tube? If not, clip it in a way where that happens.

Also, it looks to me as if the chain should be clipped farther out on the flush rod to make the lift closer to straight up. Maybe bend the rod away from the wall some also.

DEB SKAGG

Reaction score
The bowl fills up but slowly leaks down to nothing but a cup - looks like -I can’t figure out what’s wrong ...
The toilet sits on the first floor ... in the basement I can’t see the pipe that goes to the main sewer drain and it is just a straight flow I’m thinking maybe I need a Y Pipe right under the toilet ... thoughts ???
I did email TOTO also .... see what they say :)

DEB SKAGG

Reaction score
yes all the water goes into the overflow tube .
I adjusted the chain so it goes straight up and bent the flush rod ... waiting to see if the bowl holds the water !

Reach4

Reaction score
yes all the water goes into the overflow tube .
I adjusted the chain so it goes straight up and bent the flush rod ... waiting to see if the bowl holds the water !
If the bowl level starts higher, and then drops lower than the top of the exit hole, even though you are not flushing another toilet or doing laundry, the bowl must have a crack in it.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
When you say the lev el is very low, can you take a photo of the bowl at the "low" point.

It is not uncommon for the bowl to fill a little more than its "settle level" and then settle to that level. But if your bowl is draining waaaay low, then yeah, there's an issue.

Three questions before you return it: (1) Is the toilet installed level front-to-back? (2) Is it mounted back to back with any other toilets? In other words, is there another toilet directly across on the other side of the wall? Sometimes, if the toilet pipes go together into the wrong type of fixture, one can siphon the other.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks