Cracked Kohler4519 Tank: looking for advice and color information

Users who are viewing this thread

alistaircookie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I tried to post yesterday, but I think I was thwarted by a browser error. Here goes again.

My old Kohler Wellworth 4519 toilet tank just developed a hairline crack and is leaking. So I've been looking around for what to do about it. I'm really glad to have found this wonderful forum. I've learned quite a bit reading through old posts.

Everything I've read indicates that trying to seal up the tank is foolish; so I am thinking of replacing the tank. I've located Kohler model 4519 tanks for sale, but I'm not entirely sure if they're the same color. I think my toilet is white, and I've read up on the color codes, but I can't seem to find which part of the numerical information stamped on the inside of the tank is the color code.

Here is what is stamped on the inside of the tank:

T 20
K4519
3 86

I tried to replicate the actual alignment of the numbers in the information above.

So, my questions are: is replacing the tank a good plan (provided I can get the right color)? And how do I know which number is the color code?

Thanks for any help.

Jeremy

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
4519 is the model, 3/86 is probably the date of manufacture. Not sure about the other numbers, but white should be color code zero, and nothing there looks like that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks