Cracked gelcoat near jet in new tub

Users who are viewing this thread

mnRemodeler

Reaction score
I bought a new tub from watertechtn.com. It was a big mistake buying this piece of cr*p tub from them. Anyway, the tub leaked after I installed. They are telling me I can take the jets apart and reapply silicone and put them back together and that will likely fix the leak.

Well...I was getting ready to reassemble the jets when I saw this crack in the jelcoat. I suspect it won't leak but what I don't know is over the course of time if it will chip out?

This horrible tub with all of it's engineering mistakes has been way too much work to install only to have a problem with the gelcoat down the road. Unfortunately, it sat in the room I'm remodeling for almost 3 years before I got around to installing it. So I likely don't have an option of returning it.

Do you guys think this crack is going to be or become a problem?

Attachments

• crack.JPG
    crack.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 261

mnRemodeler

Reaction score
I went ahead and siliconed and reinstalled the 12 or 13 jets in the tub. I know at least 1 leaked and pretty sure another one somewhere was leaking. I will water test tomorrow.

I'm going to be writing a review for the forum here so that everyone knows not to buy this brand tub. There were some serious design flaws, among other things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks