CPVC Connections to Valves

Users who are viewing this thread

JasonG

Reaction score
I'm doing some remodel work with CPVC and I am wondering what is the best way to connect valves in the lines.

What is your opinion on CPVC valves. I've read that CPVC valves aren't recommended so I would like to use full port brass ball valves.

Should I use two CPVC MIP fittings on both sides of the valve? I've read that I should stay away from anything CPVC and threaded.

Should I use two CPVC to brass MIP transition fittings on both sides of the valve?

Can I skip the fittings and use a brass valve with compression fittings and connect the CPVC directly to it?

Last edited:

Lancaster

Reaction score
CPVC glue on ball valves are the norm here.Never heard of any problem with them.If you want to use threaded valves,I vote for the CPVC to brass transition fittings.CPVC male adapters aren't so bad but the female adapters are almost guaranteed to split.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks