Covering PEX stubouts

Users who are viewing this thread

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
What have you plumbers used to cover PEX tubing where the stubouts are exposed? I have a couple places on a job where I had to come up through the floor for toilet supplies and would like to cover the PEX with something for appearance purposes.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
cheap silver paint

we used to try to figure out a way to make dull copper nipples commming out of a wall look good for pedistles
and other things...

what always worked good for me was a couple of bottles of
car touch up paint in silver.....

you can get them at wal mart for 2 bucks a bottle and it
basically makes the pipe look chrome

always worked great for me

Last edited by a moderator:

Iminaquagmire

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with an overheated copper stub out in my master bath. I used a Brasscraft PushConnect stop. It has a longer connection area and covers more pipe. Probably not enough for a floor supply though.

Dahlman

VP at Dahl Brothers Canada Limited
Reaction score
Website
www.dahlvalve.com
This looks like a cool setup. It's a sleeve and valve in one.

Hi everybody,

This is my first post. I don't know how much I'll be able to get out here, but I hope that I can help with any questions about Dahl products since that is where I work.

So...thanks for the PR, rmelo99!!

Our Finishing Valve is designed so that you can cut the stub-out short and then cover the crimp joint with the escutcheon. We also chrome plate the escutcheon to rust-proof it, since that seems to be a common problem with escutcheons.

Cheers,
Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks