Cover for tankless

Users who are viewing this thread

SeaBee Carlos

Reaction score
Need some input and advice for placing tankless water heater outside. Need to move 40 gal water heater out of closet in bedroom upstairs. Plan is to build a new closet as well as a mechanical room outside of master bedroom(downstairs). Mechanical room to be accessed from outside and enough space for water filter and 1.5 ton HVAC. Thought was install indoor tankless on exterior wall and build temporary cover to protect heater so slab can be built later and mechanical room built around heater. I originally thought exterior tankless but dont think an exterior tankless can be inside a mechanical closet.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Contact the manufacturer you want to use see what max temp and RH% heater would run at. Oversized plywoodwood box open bottom and vented top or side with insect screen waterproofed. Maybe a small pancake fan when temps go up for cooling.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Condensing tankless like Navien NPE A series have both vent and combustion connections, so Sch. 40 PVC just gets piped through the eventual roof.
Don't waste money on cheap tankless units.

npe-a-callouts.jpg

SeaBee Carlos

Reaction score
Contact the manufacturer you want to use see what max temp and RH% heater would run at. Oversized plywoodwood box open bottom and vented top or side with insect screen waterproofed. Maybe a small pancake fan when temps go up for cooling.
Thank you for the great ideas. This is what I had in mind.

SeaBee Carlos

Reaction score
Condensing tankless like Navien NPE A series have both vent and combustion connections, so Sch. 40 PVC just gets piped through the eventual roof.
Don't waste money on cheap tankless units.
Thanks for the recommend breplum. My bro-in-law has these, 3 in series actually. They might be out of my price range put will shop around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks