Could I make 2''x 43ft drain circuit for a washer?

Users who are viewing this thread

charles w

Reaction score
Hello Every one , hope all of you are good

Due to the corona virus ,I have nothing to do ,so will start my project. please see the attached picture.
just add a washer on kitchen, the kitchen has a vertical drain/vent which is 1.5 inch.

but MANITOBA require 2 inches drain for washer, so I have to run a 43 ft drain line to tie it to the master room drain pipe( 3") in basement before the concrete ground (see picture)

question:

1, can i use kitchen vertical drain/vent pipe as my vent? (1.5inch , after washer 2'' trap)
2, I know the pipe too long , but nothing better I can choose , it will break the code?
3, the 1:50 slope is important,but need use 4-5ps 90 degrees elbow to avoid other structure , is it ok?

sorry for my rough picture.
THANK YOU

charles w

Reaction score
rough in

Attachments

• dft.jpg
    dft.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 138
  • bs.jpg
    bs.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 137

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can tie the washer vent in at 42" above the floor like in your drawing. Six inches above the flood level of the sink.
Or depending on the washer box you have, six inches above the standpipe.

For fittings on the 2"
From vertical to horizontal, long 90
from horizontal to vertical can be medium 90

charles w

Reaction score
thank you so much !
If the 43ft long drain pipe does not against the code ,I will get start !
do I need add some clean out point on my 2" drain pipe when it comes 90 degrees angle?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As long as the line has the proper slope, the length isn't an issue. A cleanout is maybe useful, but I'm not sure one is needed. Not familiar with the Canadian codes. Cleanouts are required when the change in direction exceeds a certain amount, but I don't think you've exceeded that. Wait for someone that knows...won't hurt to put one in, though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks