Costs of moving DWV and Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

M3

Reaction score
I don't want to offend any plumbers...but need some honest opinions. I recently bought a 1973 single level home in an area that over the last 15 years has become a "country club area with new/affluent homebuilders and unfortunately I've found that whenever I seem to get renovation estimates the costs seem crazy... I want reno the basement bath, taking it from a 3/4 to a full bath, and want to move the DWV and toilet over about 6' in the basement. The home also has two toilets on the mainfloor being fed into the stack as well. I've told the plumbers I will do all concrete demo and replacement, and I've already got the room down to the studs. The costs I'm getting to "rough in" this project has been between $3000 and $8000. One plumber told me 6-8 days of two men.... Am I crazy, or are these costs crazy?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Could you give more details on the scope of work....how will the new location connect and draint to existing, and how will the vent be moved?

At first glance, 2 men for 6 days sounds like you and the contractor are not talking on the same page.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks