Costco faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I just replaced the Costco faucet that come with the house in the kitchen.
Most any other faucet would have been better than the Costco faucet. I put in a Moen with pullout spray this time around. I may change in a year or two if I see something that looks nicer.

Long overdue. So little water came out of that darn thing and so many complaints about it. We had a snow day, so since we didn't put the vans on the street, I got a new faucet. Much better!

While we were at it, we installed an Instant Hot too.
Gotta have hot water for the hot chocolate when it's cold out.

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Moen, huh? That brand took a good beating on another thread lately - many of your colleagues seem to avoid Moen faucets like the plague.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I had a customer that I installed a new Delta single handle with spray.

I had to go back 3 times in 6 months to change out the seats and springs because it would start dripping. I changed the ball the last time even though there was nothing I could see wrong with it.

We will see.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Cass said:
I had a customer that I installed a new Delta single handle with spray.

I had to go back 3 times in 6 months to change out the seats and springs because it would start dripping. I changed the ball the last time even though there was nothing I could see wrong with it.

We will see.

Sounds like my personal experience as a homeowner. Yes, even with the official Delta service parts...

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
That ball if it has sharp edges on them will cut seat cups as well.

Plumbers need to get into a habit of carrying a pressure gauge with them at all times so when they are called to work on any device relating to water pressure so you know what static pressure is and if it is affecting the fixture to be repaired.

Leaks out of faucets if they happen right away can be blamed on high water pressure, especially if there are numerous ones in the home. Everything in the home is engineered for 60, that's a fact. Anything higher and premature wear presents itself and you open yourself up to liability if you don't mark it on the reciept signed off by the customer that you made them aware of it. I use "advised and referred to website" one-liner and "declined protection" as keywords to CYA if something of mine breaks or starts leaking.

The first thing you do when going to the doctor's office? You get your blood pressure checked along with your temperature reading. These tell-tale readings are symptoms relating to underlying problems.

Lots of plumbers in my area only want to fix symptoms due to job security that high water pressure provides. I use the reverse psychology that if you are honest and tell people what the core problem is, they are more ept to address the problem. (PRV/EXP tank)

Not all........but there is a reason why I put in almost a 100 of those in the past 12 months, it had everything to do with educating the customer.

If you already have a pressure gauge....then you know in cold weather you have to bring it in every night or it will spring the dial.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The first thing I do on all service calls is check water pressure and I note it on the invoice.

I think I mentioned this B4. I once checked the pressure in a house that had 197#. I got another gauge and checked to be sure the gauge wasn't bad. It wasn't and the customer did not want anything done. I made a separate notation on the invoice and made them initial it as well as sign the invoice.

The excess pressure was causing the fill valve in the toilet to actuate by its self.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Faucet choice?
I would have replaced the Costco faucet sooner, if I could have decided which brand I really wanted.

I've had trouble with most of the recent ones.
In the old days, you could go 20 plus years without working on them.

That's not the case anymore.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks