correcting crooked toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Astro46

Reaction score
this is in a basement washroom. the wall behind the toilet was not square to the room. at some point someone installed a pvc(?) flange, into what looks like a clay closet bend, such that the toilet bolts alignment would allow the toilet to be mounted parallel to the crooked wall.

i am straightening the wall. now the flange is crooked in relation to the wall. if one bolt is 12" from finished wall the other will be 3/4" closer. ie, 11 1/4" from the wall.

what is the easiest way to fix this situation?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Put a repair flange on with the T-bolts where you want them?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most flanges allow you to adjust the positioning of the bolts slightly. Maybe that's all you need to do to get it to come out even with the straightened wall.

Astro46

Reaction score
i'll look at flange repair kits, to see if they may help.

the flange has both simple slot and long slots which allow for adjustment. unfortunately the simple slots are the ones closest to correct position.

thanks.

i would have replied sooner, but the auto reply notification isn't working.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks