Correct fitting for back-to-back kitchen sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Nickel

Reaction score
I have a duplex and I'm moving the kitchens to the common wall. I'm wondering what is the correct fitting to connect the drains and vent. I see the Double Fixture is probably the correct fitting 2" for drain and vent, and 1-1/2" for the sink drains, but there are 2 different types, one is much wider with a longer sweep (Ferguson is about 5-1/2"), and one is compact with almost no sweep (Charlotte is about 3"). Is there a preferred option in this situation?

Also, tapping into the 4" iron stack there seems to be only one option which is the 4x4x2 san-tee, a very short sweep. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Attachments

• which_fitting.jpg
    which_fitting.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 128

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I see the Double Fixture is probably the correct fitting 2" for drain and vent, and 1-1/2" for the sink drains, but there are 2 different types, one is much wider with a longer sweep (Ferguson is about 5-1/2"), and one is compact with almost no sweep (Charlotte is about 3"). Is there a preferred option in this situation?
I don't think that's correct, it sounds more like you're comparing a double fixture fitting from one manufacturer with either a double sanitary tee or a double combo from another.

Anyway, the double fixture fitting is the correct choice, e.g. this one:

I think the following is true or very close: on a double sanitary tee, the top of the side hubs will be definitely below the top of the top hub; on a double fixture fittings, they will be very close to the same height; and on a double combo they will be definitely above the top of the top hub.

Cheers, Wayne

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Double fixture cross is the best fitting for back to back fixtures with a common vent. If the overall length is too much because each will stick too far into the cabinet, install it cross ways and use a 90° bend to stub out for each sink. Drains do not need to be centered in the cabinet.. and often work better for installing double basin sinks when they aren't.

Nickel

Reaction score
I don't think that's correct, it sounds more like you're comparing a double fixture fitting from one manufacturer with either a double sanitary tee or a double combo from another.

Anyway, the double fixture fitting is the correct choice, e.g. this one:

I think the following is true or very close: on a double sanitary tee, the top of the side hubs will be definitely below the top of the top hub; on a double fixture fittings, they will be very close to the same height; and on a double combo they will be definitely above the top of the top hub.

Cheers, Wayne
Thank you Wayne for the confirmation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks