Corian type melts into 1 piece shower, minus Corian price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike6f

Reaction score
Upstairs bath is a mess, existing tub tile wall shower needs to be ripped out to the studs, and I would really like something without any seams for the base and walls around the shower we intend to replace the tub with. We are old people and don't like stepping over the tub walls.

I like Corian, several finishes that we would be happy with, price not so much. Up the stairs and through the bathroom door is the only way in, so guessing base of shower, sliding door, and three walls, 5 edges to melt, prices seem crazy high. Any Suggestions?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
In our area there are several companies that we work with that install cultured marble panels over a custom base that fits the tub to shower conversion.

We typically come in and move the tub drain to about 15" from the wall and install a new shower valve. They come in, measure the center of the drain and custom fit a pan to match. Gets matching walls built to fit.

TubCove is one of several companies in the Seattle area doing this work just so you can see.

Tughillrzr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Onyx collection I have used before. It was a custom base. 15 years it’s still going no issues. I’ve also used several terrazzo stone shower bases. Bring help! they are very heavy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks