Copper shower drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan907

Reaction score
Hey,

I have 2 inch copper piping coming up to my shower drain that turns into 3 inch at the shower drain connection. Do they make a shower drain that connects to this style of copper drain? Without removing shower pan?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That's good...how tall is the riser from the trap? If you have enough height, you could cut off some, use a banded coupling designed for connecting PVC to copper (it has a step to account for the different OD's), add in a short stub of 2" pvc, and attach your new drain to it. That would give you the option of either solvent welding (pvc cement) or a compression type of drain to make the connection. This all somewhat depends on the type of pan that is there in the first place, though. Can you post a picture?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks