Copper plumbing water supply near AC refrigerant line set

Users who are viewing this thread

skidvd

Reaction score
Hi,

Warning beginner question here...

I am planing out my copper plumbing water supply lines for a basement finish project. I have a question regarding one routing option I am considering.

Are there any issues or concerns with routing the copper plumbing water supply lines near (or in some cases, in parallel with) the AC refrigerant line set? The AC lines are insulated, but I am just wondering if running them together would raise any concern of freezing the copper water supply lines (especially the cold supply)? If there are issues, what are the codes and/or best practices to avoid any problems? Should I also insulate the water supply line or add pink insulation between the two pipes? Or is this not an issue at all and common to see them together?

TIA!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks