copper pipe versus galvinized?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob from Plains

Reaction score
Hi Guys; I wrote last week about the pump noise and am about to run the new line in the house. My new question is which is better, galvinized or copper pipe? As I sated earlier I will be running 1" pipe inside the house off our well which comes into the house with 1 1/4" black poly pipe. The water we have out of the well is real soft with very little minerals, when we bought the house it was 20 years old and it had the original water heater in it, so I would guess this woud speak as to the condition of the well water. I have checked out pricing of copper and galvinized and the galvinized is considerably cheaper. Any advise would be appreciated.
Bob

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Use copper and don't even consider Galvanized..

Speedbump

Reaction score
I agree with Cass.

And think about all the cutting and threading you will be doing. Do you own a threader (electric one)?

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks