Copper line leak. Repipe all waste lines?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by David Cox, Apr 9, 2021.

1. David Cox

David Cox New Member

Hello everyone.
    New member here. Glad to be a part of the group and need your advice.
    A leak was discovered in the copper waste line running from the toilet to main sewer line.
    House was built in 1969. All copper piping.
    I've been in the house for 12 years with this being my only issue with the existing copper piping.
    Would you recommend I repair this one line or be proactive and repipe all copper waste lines with ABS. This to avoid possible future leaks and trouble.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

David

2. Tughillrzr

Tughillrzr In the Trades

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. David Cox

David Cox New Member

Thank you, Tughillrzr.

I'll repair this section as you recommend and not worry about doing a repipe of all waste lines. A proactive repipe might be going overboard at this point. Thanks again for your help.