Copper Flare nut on Main Supply line

Users who are viewing this thread

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My latest realestate purchase was stripped of copper, which is pretty common for REOs.

We're on city water and in Connecticut. Usually the main lines come into the basement around 4-5ft below grade.

This last house the main comes in right near the basement floor and consists of just a small stub of 3/4" or 1" copper that has a flare and a flare nut. There is probably about 1/2" of pipe beind the nut and that's it.

So I'm very limited on what's coming into the house that I need to tie into. I still need to check with the water company if their meter is outside or if they need to put one in the basement.

Either way my dilemma is the same how do I best tie into this to get a valve on it.
I was thinking some kind of flare elbow so I can turn up along the basement wall. I don't have any pics at the moment but my biggest worry is that the flare nut is copper, not brass. I can't find any pics online.

I need to get it right the first shot, or i'll have a problem when I have them turn the water back on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks