Converting Single Vanity to Double

Users who are viewing this thread

Birdhouse360360

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’ve been looking through forum for a few days now to find advice on how to convert my single vanity to a double. I can’t seem to find my scenario though.

The vent, in my master bathroom on the second story, goes straight up from the tee. All others I’ve seen on here are offset.
I plan on using an AAV for the second lav as my other three bathrooms have them.

So can I add just add a tee below the existing one and run it to the new lav and add an AAV?

Attachments

• FE8C8381-DCD3-48BF-B78F-DEC20731A61B.jpeg
    FE8C8381-DCD3-48BF-B78F-DEC20731A61B.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 179

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would guess that you have a 1.5" pipe in the wall. We have to use a 2" pipe before we split off for a second lav.
I have done the layout below for two which allows you to still snake the drains. In your case the one arm would go forward instead of to the left and out.

single_to_double_lav.jpg

Or you might get by with stacking two santee for yours. Which like I mentioned would normally be off a 2" on the wet part with 1.5" trap arms.

Birdhouse360360

Reaction score
Or you might get by with stacking two santee for yours. Which like I mentioned would normally be off a 2" on the wet part with 1.5" trap arms.

Thank you Terry. If I do it this way, would an AAV still be needed?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks