Converting from single to double sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt Gerecke

Reaction score
Hi There, I am adding a second sink and have opened up the wall behind the existing vanity to see what is behind before I start tearing everything out. From what I can tell, the sink vents directly up into the attic where it ties into the rest of the plumbing vents. My thought was to install a sanitary tee below the existing tee and running it over to the second sink. My question is, do I need to add additional vent pipe on the new sink or can I drain into this and utilize the existing vent configuration?

Attachments

• IMG-1215.jpg
    IMG-1215.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 139

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can add a second tee. You don't need a vent as long as the pipe isn't longer than 42" (going from memory).

The issue would be height. Make sure your new pipe doesn't penetrate the wall too low for your taste. You also can't change elevation when you do this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks