Converting Conventional Gerber 1.6 Toilet To Powerflush ( Forced Air)

Users who are viewing this thread

TEDWAT

Reaction score
I have three gerber 1.6 conventional toilets in my house which I built in 1999. The toilets were installed new. These toilets plug often. Can I convert them to powerflush? If so what would it cost?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
No.
You can't add a pressure assist to a bowl not designed to take it.
If you need a Gerber pressure assist, you will need to change out the entire unit, tank and bowl.

The bowl you had was a $40 bowl. And yes there were very bad.
The bowl is most of your problem.

Last edited:

TEDWAT

Reaction score
So, you are telling me that I need to buy three new complete units. What brand do you suggest and what is the cost installed?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go to the top of this page and click on "Consumer Report on Toilets". From there look at the Toto brand. These are by far the best toilets on the market. Pressure assisted toilets were or are a gimmick some manufacturers came up with to try to make their poorly designed toilets function. They are trouble for the very onset. Those of us that have seen the light and switched to a Toto virtually never have to plunge them. Gerber in particular is a build grade toilet which translated into plain English, a really cheap piece of junk. Builders cut corners on quality to keep the selling price of their homes as low as possible. You can get your Toto from Terry, he's just a short ferry ride away from you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks