Convert Flapper to Canister Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bill Falconer

Reaction score
Newbie question - is it possible / advisable to convert an old flapper style flush valve to a newer canister type flush valve? My newer (Kohler) toilets with canister valves are more efficient and effective and I would like to convert my old flapper toilets. Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It probably won't work right. What is the design water usage of the one you want to change? Most toilets will not work well if you try to use less water than designed. But, without knowing whether it's a 1.6g or 3.5g, or something else, you won't be ABLE TO PICK PARTS THAT WOULD WORK AND RELEASE THE REQUIRED AMOUNT OF WATER AND KEEP THE BOWL FULL AT THE SAME TIME. Sorry about the caps...was watching TV and didn't notice...not worth retyping!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks