control relay problems

Users who are viewing this thread

brewer48

Reaction score
My well is 214 feet deep, and runs at 100 gal/min. During a very hot period, when I had to run the pump, I noticed the cut off switching about every 45 sec. I continued to run the system. I discovered the pump had stopped working and the contactor relay was buzzing. When I try the reset switch nothing happens. Is there a way to test the Contactor relay to see if replacing it would solve it?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I assume this is a three phase motor and relay. If so the relay could be bad from the short cycling. Disconnect the motor wires. Get the relay to energize as if the pump were running. Then measure voltage below and above the relay. You probably have one set of points burned and one leg of power is not getting through the relay. If these points are burned, your pump is cycling way to much. See www.cyclestopvalves.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks