Continuous Flow Trap Primer

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Morris

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader

I currently am in the process of renovating my 1969 townhouse/condo and have a question regarding the current plumbing setup.

I have replaced all the half corroded, horribly laid out trunk and branch copper with a home run PEX manifold system.

I am having some slight issues with flow rates with multiple fixtures/runs in use at the same time.

There is a JOSAM 88250 continuous flow Trap primer for my basement floor drain installed 6" from my water main shut off valve.

My question is would this trap primer cause any sort of flow restriction/pressure drop in my system?

From everything I have read, they are usually installed at or near a fixture, and not on the main supply. Should I look at possibly relocating the primer to my laundry tub or washer run as opposed to the main water supply to the cold water manifold?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The main reason for moving it would be that there is no reason for it to operate EVERY time some faucet is used. All it has to do is operate occassionally, so putting in line with a seldom used faucet would serve its purpose very well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks