Continious waterflow in sump pit

Users who are viewing this thread

mathar

Reaction score
Thanks. The water is coming in my property (in the pit in basement). Not sure how that works but if I am getting my neighbor leakage in my house then shouldn't builder fix this. Even they have to work with local municipalities. What my other concern is, I have so many cracks on basement wall as well floor. Even couple on garage wall which tells house is still struggling to settle. Due to fact that there is a lot of saturated water underneath, there is possibility soil is still moving. Don't know much. Cross finger to hear some +ve news. Suffering from this for more than two years.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If your soil contains a lot of clay, then moisture will cause it to swell, and when it is removed, shrink. It can be a major pain, but should have been accounted for with a proper foundation. If not, then you may have bigger problems than just some water in the pit.

milton_eric

Reaction score
Hello Mathar,

Did this issue get solved?
I have the exact same issue as you. That's why I google it and then found this thread.
My neighbors are ok, but water constant run into my sump pit. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks