Constant pressure pump issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Midriller

Reaction score
Do you have quite a bit of Iron in the water. Your not that far away from me, and our Iron here is horrible. More than likely either the pump is Iron fouled, screen is plugged or well was never drilled deep enough. Is this Set up new to thje well or is it original to the well?

Last edited:

Midriller

Reaction score
I don't know that water levels matter with a draw down seal? I would think if the well is not producing enough it would act like a restriction to the suction side of the pump, but the water level would not change. The pump could be tested in a barrel, bucket, kid pool, etc., then you would know if it is the well or the pump not producing as it should.

The water levels dont matter since he has a seal, but if he didn't it would. Chances are the screen has been or is getting plugged with iron which will reduce flow to the system. That is consistent with VFD, CSV or conv. Pick up the pump and test pump over the well head to test production. If that does 20 gpm at 50 psi the pump and well are fine. IF it doesn't then you need put the pump in a test station (barrel) and verify if its the well or pump. If you have a ton of Iron or Iron bacteria. you might just plan on replacing your pump every 15 years of so. ( Again regardless of system, VFD, CSV, Conv) If its the well you may be able to acidize or scrub it. Any pump guy should be able to do this. Some just make the pump hit water so you have to pay for it.

Mac1122

Reaction score
This is a well put in in 2006 and worked great when installed. In the house it’s great. Maintains pressure needle never moves. Turn on sprinkler system and it drops to 30 psi There is some iron bit not real noticeable it over time it could be bad. I am going to pull it and see but I am not sure what I am really looking at

Mac1122

Reaction score
The water levels dont matter since he has a seal, but if he didn't it would. Chances are the screen has been or is getting plugged with iron which will reduce flow to the system. That is consistent with VFD, CSV or conv. Pick up the pump and test pump over the well head to test production. If that does 20 gpm at 50 psi the pump and well are fine. IF it doesn't then you need put the pump in a test station (barrel) and verify if its the well or pump. If you have a ton of Iron or Iron bacteria. you might just plan on replacing your pump every 15 years of so. ( Again regardless of system, VFD, CSV, Conv) If its the well you may be able to acidize or scrub it. Any pump guy should be able to do this. Some just make the pump hit water so you have to pay for it.

Mac1122

Reaction score
Muratic acid. Didn’t know if should with a plastic casing. How long do you leave the acid in before you pump it off

Midriller

Reaction score
We always agitate it with a small compressor for 24-48 hrs Dont use Muriatic. A product called Nu-well 100 is far safer as easier to get down to the screen. It has wetting agents and dissipates to safe for consumption after 48hrs? ( it turns Red to brown) Its about $150 to treat a 5" PVC well (product only) plus its NSF certified

Last edited:

Mac1122

Reaction score
0axF26R
Where would the CSV go in this system. Is this even plumbed properly.

Attachments

• IMG_2237.jpeg
    IMG_2237.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2236.jpeg
    IMG_2236.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2238.jpeg
    IMG_2238.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 195

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I assume the black pipe coming through the wall is coming from the pump? If that is the case, then the CSV would go there before it switches to white PVC pipe. But if there are any hydrants or tees on that black pipe before it gets in the building, the CSV would need to go at the well head or at least before the first tee or hydrant.

Mac1122

Reaction score
Nothing before that. Does the other part of the plumbing look ok. So if I ie in my irrigation to I go after the tank or before and after the CSV

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Plumbing looks ok. You can tie in the irrigation anywhere after the CSV. After the tank is better, but it will work before the tank, just has to be after the CSV.

Reach4

Reaction score
Does the other part of the plumbing look ok.
I am wondering about the PVC pipe going out to the irrigation. Should it have a valve inside? and maybe something that could be used as a drain or blow air to help Winterize?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks