Connectors for polypipe to sillcock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
I have some 3/4" polypipe buried in the ground, which I want to bring up at certain junction points outside.
I need to connect this to a 1/2" female threaded sillcock on a post.
What is the best way to connect the PP, what attachment is needed?
A 3/4 to 1/2 reducer and then a male thread?
Does the reducer need to be made of plastic connectors for polypipe?

Reach4

Reaction score
Brass would be nice too. It is a premium over galvanized. Looking for something like this?
FIT083.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I would avoid galvanized fittings. They will start to rust eventually. Brass or stainless steel won't. If you're talking about installing yard hydrants, you'll need to stabilize the pipe very well, or risk breaking things at the fitting to the plastic piping.

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
I would avoid galvanized fittings. They will start to rust eventually. Brass or stainless steel won't. If you're talking about installing yard hydrants, you'll need to stabilize the pipe very well, or risk breaking things at the fitting to the plastic piping.

was thinking of just using a $5 sillcock rather than a $50 hydrant and blowing out the water before winter with a compressor.
Frost line here is 6ft so it's too much digging for a hydrant.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks