Connecting Utility Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

kwollenw

Reaction score
Needed to replace an OLD utility sink in the garage. I got it out, but the ptrap seemed to be soldered into the cast iron waste pipe T directly (nothing threaded). In order to get the old brass ptrap out, I had to heat the T until the solder flowed and I could pull the pipe out. Question is, now what do I replace it with? Do I put in another brass pipe or is there some way to put a threaded end on to make future repairs simpler?

Thanks,
Kevin

Plumber2000

Plumber
Reaction score
You will probably need to cut out the old tee and install a new tee, without seeing this this is what I'm assuming you have.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
piece

Yes, make two cuts about an 1/4" apart and remove the 1/4" "sliver". Then use a hammer and chisel to "bend" the brass thing so it closes the gap where you took the piece out. It will then unscrew easily.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks