Connecting Shower drain to the toilet drain

Users who are viewing this thread

David74

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm totally new to all this.I'm trying to see if this is possible .
Connecting 2" shower drain to 3" toilet drain.Am i using the correct fitting ( the long Y ).
Also there is a 2" vent on the main stuck ,do i need to run a second vent to the 2" shower drain pipe just after the P-trap .
Also do i need a vent for the toilet before it connects to the main stuck or the one on the main stack it is going to be enough?
Thank You!!!

Attachments

• Guest Bathroom.jpg
    Guest Bathroom.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 605

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If this is an upper level, you CANNOT connect the toilet to the vent from downstairs, (and putting a 2" vent would NOT make it better), and you DO need a vent for the shower no matter where it is located.

David74

Reaction score
Thank you for your replay HJ,this is a second floor .The toilet connects to the main stuck on the wall - 4" drain pipe going down and 2" vent at the second floor level goes up to the roof .That vent is located on the main stack .Does the toilet vent needs to be connected before the 3" pipe connects to the main stack?
The toilet is the only thing that is connected to that stack .I was trying to tie a shower drain to the toilet drain but it doesn't seem like it will work with that Y fitting .
Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks