Connecting shower drain to 2" copper pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Ray McAllister

Reaction score
I am having a shower replaced with a new wet bed shower. After the demo, we discovered the drain pipe is 2" copper. The tile guy needs a 2" PVC pipe to connect to his drain. This is in a 3rd floor condo with cement floors with no access from below. The pipe is roughly flush with the top of the cement floor, with about 2" of clearance between the outside of the pipe and the cement floor opening. How do I go from 2" copper to 2" PVC, or is there some type of shower drain that is mad for this type of connection? I found this adapter, but little information about it. Has anybody used one of these?

https://www.wingtite.com/products/c...ain-pipe-installations-require-a-pipe-adapter

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The other thing to tell you is call a plumber. The tile guy should not be hooking up pipes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks