Connecting new ABS toilet flange and shower drain into copper drains

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by John Fritz, Jun 16, 2020.

1. John Fritz

John Fritz New Member

I was hoping to attach a new ABS shower drain and P-trap, and a new ABS toilet flange to existing copper drains.

I was planning on using the Ferno 3001-22 which is 2" to 2" on the shower drain.https://www.fernco.ca/dimensional-drawings/3001-22

I was planning on using the Ferno 3007-33 which is 3" to 3" on the toilet drain. https://www.fernco.ca/dimensional-drawings/3007-33

I was hoping someone could comment on whether this makes sense. I dont see an alternative, as the lead bend is likely a ticking time bomb and the copper shower drain is a pain to work with, and it would be better centered at least in one direction.

I have indicated on the toilet drain where I would hacksaw the 3" copper drain. Then attach a length of 3" ABS with a 90 deg up to the toilet.

It would be a similar story for the 2" copper shower drain. Hacksaw it after the p-trap and attach the coupler and new ABS p-trap.

Is it ok to have fercos horizontal?

Comments are most welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Sylvan

Sylvan Still learning

plumbing - fire suppression - boiler inspector
    "Is it ok to have fercos horizontal?"

NO PROBLEM

John Fritz likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

John Fritz likes this.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Several brands make a shield coupling with sizes for plastic to copper.

[​IMG]

John Fritz likes this.