Connecting bathroom to existing vent

Users who are viewing this thread

BMAC7

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am new to this and have looked around the forum a bit. Everyone seems very helpful so I am hoping someone can give me some guidance on this issue.
I recently demo'd a half bath in a house I recently bought and found that the plumbing vent was terminated inside the wall. I know that I have to get it out of the roof and want to know if I can connect it to an existing 4" vent that was recently installed for the remainder of my plumbing fixtures. I've included a sketch of the condition. A couple questions:
- Is the 1.5" vent enough?
- Is the 20 horizontal run too much?
- Should I be concerned that I am connecting two cesspools with one vent? The eventual plan is to connect this plumbing to cesspool #.
Thanks for any help!
sketch.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
When you say "cesspool", I hope you mean a septic tank AND cesspool, since a cesspool by it self would be an EPA violation and a ground water pollutant. As long as the vent can slope upward you can pretty much do whatever you want to with it.

BMAC7

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses, they are much appreciated.
I wasn't familiar with how to full system works, but yes, I did mean septic tank and cesspool.
Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks