Connecting 2" washer drain and 1 1/2" sink drain into existing 3" toilet drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

chargerny

Reaction score
IMG_0041.JPG

3" copper stack in corner, behind the white pex, with existing 3" copper line coming off it to a toilet drain/flange. There are two old 1 1/2" drain lines coming off the 3" line as well. What I want to end up with is a toilet flange in the same locations, and drains for a 2" washing machine drain, and a 1 1/2" sink drain.

I assume that I need to cut off all the old drain fittings, but I'm not sure how/what to tie back in to the copper to get me the toilet drain and the 2" drain. Toilet is right in the corner next to the stack.

Could the 1 1/2" sink drain tie into the 2" washer drain before it hits the 3" drain, or can the 2" line only serve the single washer?

Last edited:

chargerny

Reaction score
I think I figured out.

Cut 3" copper just past existing wye (or maybe closer to vent depending on length of new assembly).
Fernco copper to pvc shielded specialty coupling to 3" PVC.
Then for toilet: 3x3x2 wye, 3" pipe, 3" elbow, 3" pipe up, toilet flange.
For the washer and sink: 2" pipe with some 22 1/2 and 45 fittings to get it running in the right direction, 2x2x2 sanitary tee with to catch the down pipe from the washer drain (after a trap), then 2" pipe leading to a 2x1 1/2 reducer leading to the 1 1/2" pipe to the sink.

Does that seem reasonable and up to code?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks