Connect CPVC to metal shut off valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Gwynnefar

Reaction score
My water supply to my sink is CPVC pipe. I am replacing the old angle stop with a new metal one. I used Teflon tape but it is still leaking. Any idea's.
Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Use another layer or so of tape, or, also use some pipe dope rated for that material? I'm not a pro, but the guys that did some work for me (theydid the rough, I finished it), used both.

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
You may have tightened it too tightly or not tight enough. When transitioning from CPVC to any sort of metal I use a male adapter that glues onto the CPVC and has brass male threads. Try removing the angle stop, retaping the male threads and add some pipe dope in addition to the teflon tape. After all that is done, remove the aerator from the spout and run water to flush out the lines.

Good luck

anglestop-cpvc-2.jpg

This one glues onto CPVC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks