Confused Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Itiswhatitis

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere for an answer to this and I cannot find anything this weird. About two weeks ago, the city was working on something underground (Not 100% certain this has anything to do with issue). One of my 3 toilets, when using will overflow, plunge it, it goes down. Will work normal 1-3 times when used, then will overflow plunge, for down, then fine. No one has used the toilet for anything than urinating. What gives???

Reach4

Reaction score
It seems most probable that the toilet was used for something more than urinating. It could be the sewer line in the house, but most likely it is something in the toilet.

Note that newer toilets will not overflow on one flush, even if the toilet is totally plugged. There is not enough water for them to overflow on one flush. I would go with a new toilet.

But one thing you might try... after it is unclogged for a bit, pour water from a 5 gallon bucket filled as full as you dare from as high as you dare as fast as you dare. That rush of water may wash the obstruction away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks