Configure wall mounted utility faucet, exposed inlets

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

Need some advice on a wall mounted utility faucet.
I am currently installing a wall mounted utility sink in the garage. It has no area for a block or faucet, it is flush to the wall. The Pipes will be exposed coming down into the faucet from the top of the wall.
I need to mount an economical utility faucet to the wall using the exposed pipes. (faucet needs to have at-least 9" spout and can connect to a garden hose.)
(This is an example, however this has a short spout, the inlets are on the bottom and not on the top and this is a bit out of my price range, but a good example)

All my pipes are clipped to the exterior of the wall, so these do not stub out which seems to be what most wall faucets require.
So I need to figure out how to plumb a wall mounted utility faucet that configures to exposed pipes.
A majority of all the faucets I have found plumb into the wall or need a block to sit on.
Can anyone help me configure a way to do this or point me in a good direction?
Thanks for any tips.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The faucet you show does have the vacuum breaker which is needed for a hose and it does supply from the wall.
That's an 8" center that is installed with drop ear 90's in the wall, stubbed out with nipples and caps. After drywall you remove the nipples and install the correct length brass nipples for your faucet.

Reaction score
There will not be any dry wall work. The Pipe is sitting against the wall so no stub out or dry wall work. I need to connect directly to the faucet from the pipes coming down from the top. Wall mounted Faucet for exposed pipes. I am starting to think about piecing one together myself with shark bite fittings and some brass pipe and a couple silcocks ? However, I don't know what a vacuum breaker is so I will look into what that is?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Keep in mind that Sharkbites spin. If you want the faucet solid and secure, you need to plan for that.
Code requires a vacuum breaker for a hose to prevent siphoning back into the "potable" water. They don't want mucky water from your tub entering the main water supply in case of a shutdown. A hose laying in dirty water will siphon under certain circumstances. They have a big problem with restaurants that fudge the rules like that. Maybe why they inspect them so often for health hazards.

Reaction score
That is great advice Terry. Thanks for the info. I think the shark bites will help allow the spout and nozzle to articulate than being fixed. As for Vacuum breakers that is another thing. Not sue how many times a hose will be hooked up and sitting in a puddle of water? So I will look into the deal there, see if that is a good fit. So many utility faucets on the market without a vacuum breaker, surprising. Thanks again for the heads up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks