Conduit Run

Users who are viewing this thread

BigEm

Reaction score
Lets say I want to run a conduit from the panelroom in a warehouse to a location in the parking lot. Im using EMT conduit for the inside and PVC conduit for the underground. So I got a couple a question regarding this run.

- Now my question is at what point the EMT stops the PVC run begin?(before going trough the outer wall, after or before going underground)
- If the warehouse is about 36' tall, at what height should the conduit exit the outer wall?
- Do I need a pull box at the exit point or I can go straight through the wall using a 90bend?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You can never have too many pull boxes and to make life easy, use a pull box when going from EMT to PVC. Try to keep all EMT inside otherwise you'll need water or damp proof components. There is no height restriction other than for impact protection. It must be SCH 80 for PVC. An electrician here in Orlando Florida stated anything lower than 18". It might be a local code variance.

• 2014 NEC Language: Where the enclosure or raceway is subject to physical damage, the conductors shall be installed in rigid metal conduit, intermediate metal conduit, RTRC-XW, Schedule 80 PVC conduit, or equivalent.
  • 2017 NEC Language: Where the enclosure or raceway is subject to physical damage, the conductors shall be installed in electrical metallic tubing, rigid metal conduit, intermediate metal conduit, RTRC-XW, Schedule 80 PVC conduit, or equivalent.
  • Analysis of Change: Section 358.10 already allowed EMT to be used where it is exposed or concealed, in concrete or direct contact with the earth, in wet locations, damp locations and in cinder fill. Adding EMT to this section does not add a new use for EMT but does bring more attention to the fact that it is allowed for use in these areas.

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The best elevation would be one you can walk up to and pull wire on and through without to much strain or a ladder.

I think I would go from one LB to another (one metal, one pvc) through the wall with a schedule 80 nipple. About 40" from the ground.

BigEm

Reaction score
The best elevation would be one you can walk up to and pull wire on and through without to much strain or a ladder.

I think I would go from one LB to another (one metal, one pvc) through the wall with a schedule 80 nipple. About 40" from the ground.
Very helpful. Appreciate it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks