Condo needs help preventing electric hotwater heater leaks and damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The issue, to me anyways, is that most of them require power, either batteries or line voltage. The WAGS, while a one-time thing, doesn't. It's pretty simple. It uses the same thing they use on life vests in airplanes. When it comes to safety devices, my preference is one that does not need power to operate. Install it and forget it.

Think of it like airbags on your car...you hope you never need them, but it's there when you need it.

Clydesdale6

Reaction score
My issue with the wags is that you need it to collect about 3/4 inch of water in the pan. I once had a tank blow out a seam and leak from near the top and it was spraying against the sheetrock and not really in the pan. I like the Taco leakbreaker at the moment, because you can lay a few sensors around the tank on the floor and in the pan. The Dome system seems to have issues with the motor not always being strong enough.

Last edited:

Bob Y.

Reaction score
The wags looks interesting. Anybody have experience with this or another device?
Hello,

My name is Bob. I am the inventor of the Talking Water Tank Minder. My invention is presently being used in New Jersey. It is a brand-new product that took three years to develop and patent. My invention prevents a failing hot water tank from damaging your apartment, house, or condo due to water damage.

The Talking Water Tank Minder is a wonderful new product that can be used over and over again. It can be attached to any hot water tank . The Talking Water Tank Minder consists of a control unit that magnetically attaches to any hot water tank. The system also comes with a 304 stainless steel electronically- controlled, 3/4-inch , full port valve opening that will shut off your cold water input side to your hot water tank when your tank fails, thus protecting your home from water damage.

One thing for sure is that your tank is guaranteed to fail; it is only a matter of time. There is also a sensor that is made out of 304 stainless steel that is designed and engineered to last for many, many years of use. This sensor sits on the floor near the bottom of the hot water tank. Everyone who lives in a condo loves this device because it stops catastrophic water damage from occurring that can cause thousands of dollars of water damage that these hot water tank can easily cause.

If you would like more information, I will be very happy to send you a booklet on the Talking Water Tank Minder. It is my opinion and the opinion of others that this system is cheap insurance that will allow your water tank to last as long as it can, thus saving you money from replacing your tank before it is time to replace it. Hot water tanks on the average last about 6 to 10 years and some last 12 years or more. Why replace it before you need to? The Talking Water Tank Minder will allow you to get full use out of your tank without replacing it before it is time, but still protecting your home.

Here are some facts about hot water tanks. A hot water tank that develops a 1/8-inch hole with a city water pressure of 60 psi can flood your house with 159 gallons of water every hour, or 3,806 gallons of water every 24 hours. These tanks break when you are asleep, when you are on vacation, or when you are at work or away from your home, in other words, five minutes after you lock your front door for the day! It should also be noted that even a brand-new hot water tank can fail years before it’s time. Your new hot water tank that is guaranteed for 9 years sometimes only lasts three years. I know this very well because my tank broke just after three years.

If you wish to know more about this wonderful system or you know someone that needs this system, please contact me at Solar6blue@aol.com or contact my company at 201-215-4300.

Sincerely,
Bob Y.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks