Condensation Drain Connection Part Location

Users who are viewing this thread

Jared Pipe & Plumb

In the Trades
Reaction score
When connecting the AC condensation drain (PVC pipe) under the sink to the drain I would like to used a brass adapter like in this photo. However I cannot find this part anywhere. I recently starting doing residential plumbing again after years of commercial work, and I used to install these in new construction plumbing. The brass adapter allows the PVC to attach via female adapter instead of switching from rubber hose as an intermediary.

A-C-tail-piece-under-the-sink-GP-782341-700x525.jpg

Does anyone know what this brass drain part is specifically called and where I can source them regularly?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That looks like the style of compression tee that irrigation guys use to cut into water services.

Jared Pipe & Plumb

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess I should have mentioned that I already know about the dishwasher tailpiece that connects to a hose and then connects to the PVC. That's what I currently use to make this connection.

The brass part that I'm trying to locate is specifically meant to connect to 1-1/2" sink drain pipe (male on upper portion, female end on lower portion) and 1/2" MIP on the side. It's not meant for anything else besides drain work, not irrigation or any pressure systems.

I used to plumb new construction houses in DFW Texas from 1999-2005 and we had these for finish work all the time. Not sure why they've gone out of regular use.

This type of fitting allowed the open diameter of the PVC to continue until its connection with the sink drain, without reducing down to the smaller hose diameter for the 12-20" before the sink connection. Basically a hard pipe connection all the way to sink drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks