Condensate - Wall Drain or Floor Drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

BobinTN

Reaction score
Happy Saturday!

So in a new construction would it be better to have the condensate drain into a standpipe type trapped pipe (like next to the furnace on the wall) or to a floor drain in the utility room? Seems less of a mess if the condensate tube (or piping) is draining into a standpipe verses running on the floor. Thanks! BobinTN

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Heck yes its neater , to run a standpipe or throw a utility sink close by with a wye branch , Takes a little space cost a few bucks but might be handy to have a sink. Might have a water heater nearby to consider too

BobinTN

Reaction score
Heck yes its neater , to run a standpipe or throw a utility sink close by with a wye branch , Takes a little space cost a few bucks but might be handy to have a sink. Might have a water heater nearby to consider too
Jeff, Thanks for the prompt reply. I will be installing radiant in-floor heating using Warmboard Comfort System with a Lochinvar Condensing Boiler, and in Addition, there will be both a Condensing Tankless Water Heater (for the household domestic needs), and a Forced Air Gas Condensating 90 plus Furnace with a AC condenser in the utility room -- so there will be 3 condensing pieces of equipment to deal with. I also recognize that these units "most likely" will have requirements for separate P-traps as part of the units. My hope is that those P-traps can be the Rectorseal EZ Trap 600, and from those traps piping can run to the standpipe with it's own P-trap and vented.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks