Condensate pump drain line output location

Users who are viewing this thread

Vinmassaro

Reaction score
I installed an Aprilaire whole house humidifier and the drain from it is going into the floor condensate pump that my AC also drains into. The outside portion of drainage hose from the condensate pump is about 10ft long and goes into a downspout. This worked fine until we got very cold overnight temperatures in CT. I woke up to the condensate pump running continuously and a pool of water on the basement floor, because the outside portion of the drain hose had frozen up.

I would like to reroute this condensate pump drain line inside to prevent this from happening, as the humidifier will need to run all winter. I have a sump pit with a plastic radon sump cover that is close by, or the septic waste line PVC pipe that is tied into old cast iron pipe going out to the septic tank. What is the best way to do this, and how would I tie into the existing? Thank you.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think we'd need a picture of the options showing everything surrounding. Context is everything. We'd just be guessing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks