Condensate Handling

Users who are viewing this thread

ghost000

Reaction score
I’ve gathered as much information as I could regarding condensing water heater’s condensate. It appears it’s a low PH acid. I understand condensate neutralizers use as alkaline aggregate to neutralise this acid.

I’d like to know if any of you have experience regarding outdoor units and condensate. It’s difficult for me to find information regarding the volume of concentrate over time. It seems like an acid being drained to the ground next to a concrete that contains limestone, and possibly above metal pipes is not good, but it also seems reasonable if the volume of condensate is so low that it is easily diluted. Every picture I can find on the Internet does not use a neutralizer when the water heater is outdoors, but I know that could just mean there are a lot of people not doing things properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks