Condensate Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Reicherb

Reaction score
I installed a Takagi T-H3-DV-N and so far we love it.

Is there any harm in letting the condensate drain into my sump crock? How acidic is it? What other options might I have?

Thanks,

Brad

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
The stuff has a pH of about 3-4 (comparable to dry red wine, but less acid than vinegar) which is acidic enough that over time can eat into concrete a bit. It's better if it's being diluted by groundwater/bulk water in the sump at least seasonally, and not puddled up on cementicious materials. A plastic condensate pump of the type used for central AC, dumping it into a laundry tub drain is usually fine.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could run it through a neutralizer...essentially that's a cartridge filled with limestone that gets refilled periodically. The stuff is pretty cheap and will raise the pH.

Reicherb

Reaction score
We have a high water table and the sump pump runs very often. Every few minutes in the spring and fall. Sounds like that location should be fine.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks