Compression bad or fraud?

Users who are viewing this thread

pat0828

Reaction score
I am working on remodeling a house and everything from the beginning seemed suspicious. In the attic near the air handler there is a compression valve. Apparently when the homeowner was out of town over a weekend in February the compression valve came off and flooded the house.
Maybe its possible but I would think if the valve slipped off wouldn't the ring come with it? It was still on and the ring was loose when I was asked to replace it. Can the valve slip over the ring?

The weather was not bad that weekend so it wasn't frozen. The house was 20 years old.

Thanks for any responses.

Reach4

Reaction score
The hole in the compression nut is usually just a bit larger than the input pipe/tube. It is substantially smaller than the OD of the ferrule/olive/ring. Did the nut stay on the tube, or was it attached to the valve body when presented? I would caliper the hole and the pipe.

compression-fittings3.gif

pat0828

Reaction score
The hole in the compression nut is usually just a bit larger than the input pipe/tube. It is substantially smaller than the OD of the ferrule/olive/ring. Did the nut stay on the tube, or was it attached to the valve body when presented? I would caliper the hole and the pipe.

compression-fittings3.gif
The complete valve was off minus the ring

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks