Users who are viewing this thread

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I installed over 1,500 Gerber Avalanche toilets NOT A SINGLE CALL BACK

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Keep me posted . The Gerber Avalanche uses the same flapper as the toto from what I remember

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I mainly have been selling the TOTO line. A few Gerber, but mainly TOTO.
Gerber is from China and their products are made there too.

I sell a lot of the TOTO Ultrmax II models, made in Georgia at their factory there.

ms604-terrylove-07.jpg

ms604-terrylove-09.jpg

One of my other favorites is the Drake II, CST454CEFG
Those are made in several different countries.

epps_drake_2.jpg

The Drake II, CST454CEFG

Normally the Gerber is a little less. My son Jamie just installed a new Drake II in his home, he's installed them for years for me, and he and his wife really like the TOTO.

terry-2020-08.jpg

Last edited:

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
Knowing how I am with my attention to detail issue, I'm suspecting that if I don't get the UltraMax II I'm going to end up constantly looking at the toilet I get and wishing it was the UltraMax II. LOL

That was a very interesting comment about the flapper being the same in the toilet Toto and the Gerber, that is the direction that I'm trying to go, in with understanding the two toilets. I'm trying to understand I guess if the trapway in the Gerber is of a similar type of design /performance and if the size/diameter is similar to the Toto.

In any event I really do appreciate your opinions!

Reach4

Reaction score
That was a very interesting comment about the flapper being the same in the toilet Toto and the Gerber, that is the direction that I'm trying to go, in with understanding the two toilets. I'm trying to understand I guess if the trapway in the Gerber is of a similar type of design /performance and if the size/diameter is similar to the Toto.
The Ultramax II used to have a flapper based flush valve, and at least some were model THU013W. Standard 3 inch flappers fit fine.

Later ones have switched to a tower design, which uses a canister. The flush valve is THU440-A flush tower assembly. The towers give more precise metering of the water I think.

The Gerber Avalanche toilets Sylvan installed were likely made in Indiana. The one you might buy today probably not.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Take a close look at the side view of both toilets to see the shape of the trapway. On a Toto, it turns in the porcelain almost pointing the waste vertically into the drain. Not positive of the shape on the Gerber, but on some of them, they try to make a right-angle turn right at the flange. Depends on the user, but for some people, that can cause a clog. The ID of most toilet's pathway is typically a bit over 2" in diameter. If they don't have sharp turns, that's enough. If you have a medical condition that produces logs, most won't work. Caroma makes toilets with a 3" diameter trapway, and will work for those with that medical condition.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks